Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

Congressman Trey Gowdy

Representing the 4th District of South Carolina

Agency Help

One of the most important things I do as a U.S. Representative is to assist constituents dealing with the federal government. Our office can serve as a direct link to federal agencies, helping constituents navigate the bureaucracy or obtain answers.

Things to Know

  • I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can inquire on your behalf to get answers to questions and seek solutions.
  • I am unable to assist with issues related to local or state agencies. However, you can find contact information for your local officials on our Local Resources page.
  • Regardless of which agency you need help with, I will need your written authorization. The Privacy Act of 1974 requires that I have your written consent before contacting federal agencies about your situation. You can print out this Authorization Form. After completing the form, return it to one of my district offices. The contact information is at the bottom of the form.  

Information by federal agency

If you have any questions when filling the Authorization Form please contact our Greenville office (864) 241-0175 or our Spartanburg office (864) 583-3264. 

Please Note

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case