Military Academy Nominations
Thank you for your interest in attending one of the U.S. Service Academies. As your congressional Representative, I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending a U.S. Service Academy and serving our country.
Applications for the Class of 2022 may be submitted beginning May 1, 2017.
The deadline for applications is October 16, 2017. (This includes ALL required information.)
Dates for candidate interviews will be scheduled following the October application deadline.
Each applicant for a nomination must meet the following eligibility requirements as of July 1 of the year of admission to an academy:
- Age: Must be at least 17 years old but not have passed the 23rd birthday
(25th birthday for Merchant Marine Academy)
- Citizenship: Must be a US citizen
- Marital Status: Must be unmarried and have no dependents
- Residency: Must be a legal resident of South Carolina’s Fourth District
To apply for a nomination through my office, you must complete the following steps. Only complete applications will be considered.
- A completed application for nomination
- Three letters of recommendation, one from a high school administrator or teacher
- All school transcripts (including college transcripts if applicable)
- All college board scores (send directly to my office, SAT code 4526, ACT code 7664)
- An essay (no longer than one page typed) on why you desire to attend a U.S. Service Academy
- A resume of social or athletic activities and notable accomplishments